No matter what your tastes, décor, or preferences are, we can help. We offer area rugs that come in many different styles and designs, so it’s easy to find the right look for you.
Here are a few tips to get you started—because it’s important to know the major decision points in shopping for this exciting purchase:
- Color. Light-colored rugs make a room seem airy, while darker styles create an intimate feeling.
- Pattern. If you are looking to create a focal point, opt for bold colors and more active or ornate designs. But if a rug’s purpose is to quietly complement existing décor, a solid color or subtle pattern works best.
- Durability. In a room with heavy traffic, a solid, dark rug works best to disguise wear and tear. For an heirloom that will survive generations, invest in a rug with timeless design and sturdy construction.
Taking care of your area rug is straightforward and not at all difficult. Just vacuum regularly, blot spills, and clean occasionally with the hot-water extraction method—and that spectacular area rug beauty will be maintained over the years.
Regular vacuuming helps retain a rug's beauty and extend its life. If you spill something on your area rug, remove the excess spillage and use R2X™ stain and soil remover or a mixture of water and clear, non-bleach dish washing detergent. For professional cleaning services, trust Smith’s Flooring. We offer deodorizers, stain-resistant coatings and advanced cleaning systems that remove ground-in soil and revives your rug’s appearance.
The best way to keep a rug in place is with a non-slip underlay for use over hard surface or carpet. A rug pad should cover 95% of the rug. It should be approximately an inch to the end of your rug. Pads can be easily cut to desired size.
Benefits of Rug Underlay:
- Keeps the rug secure and in place.
- Extends the life of the rug and helps prevents premature wear.
- Allows better vacuum suction for a cleaner rug.
- Puts air under the rug and reduces the strain on vacuum.
- Pads protect floors and keep dirt and grime from being trapped underneath.